Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Coming To All Platforms Next Week
If you’re among the mass of fans enraged over Mass Effect 3’s ending, then you may be able to rest easy soon. BioWare have announced that the Extended Cut DLC for the final title in the series will be release in just a few short days, on June 26th.
The release date announcement comes alongside a Q&A, which details what can be expected in the package, which has been attached for your reading pleasure. Please note though, that minor plot spoilers are included but have been noted for your convenience:
How much is the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.
When does the Extended Cut release?
- The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.
How large is the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.
How do I get the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, Origin on PC, and PlayStation Network at no additional cost.
What is included in the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.
Does the Extended Cut change the endings?
- The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3. It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.
What save game should I load to play the Extended Cut?
- [SPOILERS] To experience the Extended Cut, load a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus Base and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content.
About This Post