Forza Horizon Pre-Order Details and Collector’s Edition Announced
Microsoft today announced details on the Collector’s Edition for the highly anticipated racing game, Forza Horizon, as well as new pre-order details that include a sweet bonus! Gamers that pre-order Forza Horizon will receive a download token that gives you access to a 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 to drive in Forza Motorsport 4. The Challenger is draped in a stylish custom Forza Horizon skin crafted by the Forza community team.
- 2012 Aston Martin Virage: Plush luxury meets awesome performance in the 2012 Aston Martin Virage. Comfortable enough for a long Sunday drive, yet sporting a blistering 490 horsepower V12, the Virage continues Aston Martin’s legacy of creating cars that deliver prestige and performance.
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: While Mercedes doesn’t refer to the new SLS AMG as the “Gullwing,” this car is absolutely the return of the famed automotive icon. With more than 560 horsepower, the SLS AMG is a track tamer nearly without equal, and its classic, sophisticated lines will attract car lovers of every stripe.
- 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia: A new Ferrari is always cause for celebration, and you can still hear the cheers from fans of the 458. The famed Italian automaker went above and beyond the call with this gorgeous example of road-devouring art. The 458 produces 562 horsepower and has a top speed over 200 mph, giving it the kind of performance needed to master the world’s greatest race tracks.
- 2010 Nissan 370Z: The long line of Z model cars has a prestigious history and loyal following, but anyone can appreciate the beauty and power of this Japanese masterpiece. The 370Z features grippy handling and drift-worthy rear wheel drive, motivated by a 3.7-liter, V6 with more than enough juice to excite even the most die-hard of sports car enthusiasts.
- 2010 Volkswagen Golf R: Available only in Europe as a limited edition model, this could be the sportiest Golf to date. 267 horsepower from its 2.0-liter turbo make it a kick in the pants when pushed, and it can be pushed all the way up to a governor-mandated 155 mph. Twin central exhaust tips, L shaped LED taillights, and plenty of glossy black give the Golf R a look that matches its performance.
The Forza Horizon Collector’s Edition features some additional bonuses that enthusiasts might now want to pass up, including a Forza Horizon steelbook case that contains a Festival Ticket that grants access to a valuable assortment of exclusive in-game content, including VIP Membership which also nabs you an exclusive five-car VIP pack (which will be detailed at a later date) that will be available for download on Day 1, five “Limited Collector Edition Car Pack liveries”, and an Accelerator Pack that allows you to speed up your career with instant access to exotic cars, in-game popularity spikes, fast passes and instant map unlocks.
Details on which US retailers are offering which pre-order vehicles can be found here. No word yet on which Canadian retailers will be offering which vehicles as of yet.
Forza Horizon launches this October 23rd, exclusively for the Xbox 360.
About This Post